Quincy Public Library provides value far exceeding the amount of tax funds allocated by the City of Quincy. QPL is supported by taxes collected from residents of the Quincy area, which are administered by the City of Quincy and by the TQ Library Board; by state funds; and by donations to the Library. View a pdf of services provided by QPL.
- Quincy Public Library staff work diligently to provide cost-effective programs of value and services of interest to our community’s residents.
- QPL programs and services are designed to help with learning and literacy for all ages, and include outreach to bring material to residents unable to visit the library.
- By sharing resources, area residents can enjoy programs, materials and resources at a lower cost to each person than if each person purchased their resources separately.
- QPL compares favorably to other libraries in Illinois.
Each Week at Quincy Public Library:
- 2948 people visit QPL and check out 4909 items
- 577 digital items are downloaded from QPL provided resources
- 773 people use QPL’s computers
- 444 people enjoy a library program or use of a meeting room or study room
- 1941 people receive research assistance from QPL staff and resources
Your Library Value
Learn the retail value of the materials and services that you personally use by using this calculator. The library value calculator is provided by the American Library Association to assess the cost of the services each individual person actually uses.
Benefit and Impact
Studies have shown that libraries improve the quality of life within their community.
- Preschool readiness
- Higher reading achievement
- Improved high school graduation rate
- Improved job skills and job retention
- Lifelong learning opportunities
- Improved long-term regional economic health
- Attractive community for business and families
- Convenient forum for civic discourse
- Firm foundation for future generations